The first season of “CONVERSATIONS IN LA” is breakout sleeper hit by Immediate Vision Productions. If you haven’t watched it, you should check it out now.
The series centers around a younger man (Gustavo Velasquez), who is genuinely searching for a meaningful relationship when his world collides with an older woman Michelle Macabee (Creator, Writer, Director, Actress Ann Marie Cummings) who is dealing with career transition, pet loss, and menopause. While Michelle’s age is something Gus grapples with, for a time, it’s Michelle who’s torn between her desire to just have sex with the young Gus versus be in a loving, committed relationship with him.
In March season one was nominated for three (3) Daytime Emmy® Awards for the 44th Annual Daytime Emmy® Awards, which take place this weekend in Los Angeles and will be streamed live on Facebook and Twitter on Friday 4/28 at 4:30 PM PST (7:30 PM PST) and Sunday 4/30 at 5:00 PM PST (8:00 PM EST):
Best Actress in a Digital Drama Series Ann Marie Cummings
Best Actor in a Digital Drama Series Gustavo Velasquez
Best Supporting or Guest Actress in a Digital Drama Series Vanita Harbour
Surrounded by an ensemble of seasoned veterans – Gustavo Velasquez’s “Best Actor” nomination is a testament to his talent as an actor. It is incredibly rare that an actor receives a Best Actor Emmy® Nomination for his acting debut.
Gustavo has now found himself on “Hollywood’s One To Watch List”, lucky for us we had the opportunity to catch up with Velasquez for 14 of our readers favorite questions while he was filming an episode for the highly anticipated Season 2 of “CONVERSATIONS IN LA”:
order lasix online cheap 1. What is your favorite word? Cool.
here 2. What is your favorite color? Blue.
3. What is your favorite city? Los Angeles, it`s home, where my family and friends are. Where I can pursue my dream. Where I can go surfing or snowboarding within 2 hours or both on the same day.
4. What is your favorite season? Winter. I like when it rains in LA. And I get to spend time with the family during the holidays.
5. What is your astrological sign? Taurus.
6. Who has been the most positive influence on your life? My mom and dad. Both strong individuals filled with empathy that have always supported me.
7. What trait do you find most attractive in other people? Vulnerability and Empathy. Anyone can be confident, financially successful and intelligent. But the true sign of a successful person is how they treat others.
8. What is something most people don’t know about you (Hobby, Favorite TV Series you never miss or Film you have seen many times or Secret Talent)? That I love extreme sports. Mainly surfing, snowboarding and mountain biking. Also that I play guitar and keyboard. Love those hobbies. And I binge watch many series like Stranger Things, Man in the High Castle, The Get Down, Mr. Robot and the list goes on.
9. What inspires you creatively? Music. Different types. I have an endless list of songs that just stop time for me and tell a beautiful story. They are usually slow and full of passion. Also great performances in Films. For example in the Last of the Mohicans the way Daniel Day Lewis looked at Madeleine Stowe. He did not have to say anything yet he said everything. Any true moments, just makes me want to create.
10. What is your favorite swear word? Get the F**k outa here.
11. What sound do you love? Laughter. At least for that brief second, that individual is free. There truest self.
12. What is your favorite food? Chocolate. I might have a chocolate addiction.
13. What is your favorite beverage? Water. I know. sounds boring. But gives me plenty of energy.
14. What was career plan B? None. I already went to college, graduated Cum Laude with my Accounting Degree. Got the job offers, and walked away from it all. Have not thought about it since. I already retired in my mind. Now it is just fun.
*Images Courtesy of Bridge & Tunnel Communications and Paul Smith (Photographer)