On Friday March 24, 2017, Netflix subscribers are in for a treat with the release of their newest original studio film “The Most Hated Woman in America” a biopic about the life of American activist Madalyn Murray O’Hair.
Cast in the role of Madalyn’s mother and confidant Lena Christina Mays is Best Actress Oscar® Nominee and Golden Globe® Winner Sally Kirkland (”Anna”, “EDTV”, “The Haunted”, “Roseanne”, “Archaeology of a Woman”).
This is first time two of Hollywood’s busiest Golden Globe® winning character actresses Sally Kirkland and Melissa Leo (“The Fighter”, “Treme”, “Frozen River”) have worked together and the results are spectacular. Netflix should immediately cast Kirkland and Leo in a remake of “Strangers: The Story of a Mother and Daughter.”
In career that has spanned nearly six decades on stage, screen, and television Sally Kirkland is no stranger to the red carpet or the spotlight. However, the lack of roles for women and especially women of a certain age, make roles in high profile projects incredibly rare. We can hope studios and networks will take notice and remember what an incredible talent Sally Kirkland is.
To celebrate the release of “The Most Hated Woman in America” and her brilliant turn in “Buddy Solitaire” last month we had the opportunity to chat with the legendary Sally Kirkland and ask her our readers favorite 15 questions (sometimes 16):
1. What is your favorite word? buy accutane online india Unconditional Love.
2. What is your favorite color? more helpful hints Purple and Red.
3. What is your favorite city? http://filemakerexamples.co.uk/members/johniegrace954/activity/friends/ Los Angeles and New York.
4. What is your favorite season? Spring.
5. What is your astrological sign? Scorpio born on Halloween.
6. Who has been the most positive influence on your life? John-Roger, founder of (www.msia.org)
7. What trait do you find most attractive in other people? Loving.
8. What is something most people don’t know about you (Hobby, Favorite TV Series you never miss or Film you have seen many times or Secret Talent)? I Love Talk Shows.
9. What inspires you creatively? Touching and moving films!
10. What is your favorite swear word? F*** Y** *A*******
11. What sound do you love? Sound current and Sanskrit chanting.
12. What is your favorite food? Organic vanilla ice cream.
13. What is your favorite beverage? Café latte w stevia.
14. Where do you keep your Golden Globe® Award Best Actress Motion Picture Drama “Anna”: In my Living room under one of my many paintings.
15. What was career plan B? None, I will act until I ascend.
16. What would you like to hear the Angels say when you arrive at home on the other side? Congratulations you graduated soul transcendence!
IMDB Sally Kirkland:
IMDB “Most Hated Woman in America”