The recent premiere of the NEW EDITION STORY on BET truly exceeded all expectations with the blockbuster ratings and massive social media engagement.
The three-night epic event chronicled the ups and downs of legendary music group New Edition, from their humble beginnings in Boston to individual solo success and everything in between.
The finale episode in the mini-series shined the spotlight on a break-out star: Rachel Currence who shined brightly and brilliantly in her portrayal of R&B legend Shamari Fears, wife of Ronnie Devoe.
Brandi Williams a friend of fears who many know as a member of hit musical multimillion album selling group Blaque and various acting roles, including Bring It On—reportedly commented that “Currence captured Fears’ mannerisms, speech pattern, walk, and facial expressions”.
Rachel Currence will next star in a soon-to-be-announced series for Amazon and can be seen later this year in the miniseries Siblings, luckily she had the time for our reader favorite fast fifteen questions:
1. What is your favorite word? S***
2. What is your favorite color? Gold
3. What is your favorite city? Los Angeles.
4. What is your favorite season? Christmas
5. What is your astrological sign? Gemini
6. Who has been the most positive influence on your life? My brother Chris
7. What trait do you find most attractive in other people? Genuineness
8. What is something most people don’t know about you (Hobby, Favorite TV Series you never miss or Film you have seen many times or Secret Talent)? I love to dance! I dance all the time and even with my friends who have no rhythm, I hold dance contests. I love to let go of stress by hearing a good beat and vibing out
9. What inspires you creatively? Martin Scorsese films
10. What is your favorite swear word? S***
11. What sound do you love? The sound of music
12. What is your favorite food? Seafood
13. What is your favorite beverage? Champagne
14. What was career plan B? Real estate
15. What would you like to hear the Angels say when you arrive at home on the other side?
Welcome home, angel!!! We’ve missed you!!!
Tweets by rachel_currence